Wednesday, March 09, 2005

"it looks like an aurora's trying to fight it's way over those mountains"

I said, my face to the snow as I tilted my camera down to protect the lens...

====

Last night I took arty (read pretentious) pictures of myself and Jesse and Andrew until my current roll of film was gone. I labled it and stuck it on a shelf and loaded 36 new exposures into my canon.

Today I arose and filled myself with coffee. I read a chapter in American Gods and then loaded myself and set out with Andrew for window pizza and adventure under the protective umbrella of our shiny new tram passes.

We went all the way to Yugoslavia (which involves travel in both space and time) and to Tomato street, I think. By the way, nemluvím Česky. Where we ended up, though, was at an elementary school where the snow was still thick and children sledded and strange sculptures had been planted around towering apartment buildings. We walked and took pictures (Andrew now has an album cover if he ever becomes the frontman for a christian rock band ala Faith +1) and got dreadfully lost in the woods where the walkways were packed with ice so that you couldn't tell where the stairs began. I slid down a staircase on my shoes, pulling myself down with the handrail too low, said rail having been designed for eight year olds.

We found a grand view and watched a storm roll over the mountains and fall on us. The snow fell thick against us and then the sun came and drove away the clouds and made the sky come back and it stopped feeling like perpetual dusk in this town for the first time since I got back in January.

Today was a good day and the only thing that would make it complete would be:

1. to hear Twin Falls by Built to Spill
2. to eat
3. to drink

I will go take care of two and three shortly. First, I'll wait and see if one happens.

"Christmas Twin Falls, Idaho is her oldest memory. She was only two; it was the first time she felt blue. Cafeteria Harrison Elementary - beneath a parachute I saw her without shoes. 7UP I touched her thumb and she knew it was me although she couldn't see unless of course she peeked. My mom's good she got me out of Twin Falls, Idaho before I got too old. You know how that goes. That's where she still was the summer she turned 17 in 1983, two weeks after me. Last I heard was she had twins or maybe it was three although I've never seen but that don't bother me."

so that's one down.

MUSIC: built to spill: twin falls

No comments: