Tuesday, March 08, 2005

I have MP3's

so I'll steal an idea I found of Traci's blog and use it to my own twisted purposes.

Here're the rules
Step 1: Get your playlist together, put it on random, and play.
Step 2: Pick your favorite lines from the first 15 songs that play.
Step 3: Post and let everyone you know guess what song the lines come from.
Step 4: Underline the songs when someone guesses correctly. Mine have ***.

Of course, I only have one MP3 cd with me, so it'll be an alphabetically limited selection.

1. "your head will collapse if there's nothing in it..." (pixies: where is my mind?)
2. "a barrel full of monkey's would be quite a lot of fun." (Kahimi Karie: Vogue Bambini)
3. "there's room at the top, they are telling you still, but first you must learn how to smile as you kill." (John Lennon: Working Class Hero)
4. "even if you held the sun it would cover up your eyes"
5. "when I'm alone with only dreams of you that won't come true what'll I do?" (Sinatra (or whomever): What’ll I Do)
6. "time is the best thing for giving in" (The New Amsterdams: Idaho)
7. "I know you better than you fake it." (Pumpkins: 1979)
8. "What am I coming to? I'm gonna melt down." (Radiohead: Black Star)
9. "plastic tubes and pots and pans, bits and pieces and magic from my hands..." (Oingo Boingo: Weird Science)
10. "I would keep myself; I would find a way." (NIN: hurt)
11. "the boys in quadrant 44 with their vicious metal hounds don't come 'round here no more" (Shudder to Think: Ballad of Maxwell Demon)
12. "so I pretend I'm doing all I can and I hope someday you'll find it in your heart to understand..." (Ataris: The saddest Song
13. "they called you a sinner, but the people want to sing along." (Sleater Kinney: All Hands on the Bad One)
14. "just have to forget you after tomorrow night" (Nick Drake: If You Leave Me)
15. "You can light the candle while I get the lights. The cactus needs more light. We've got to take care of it." (Piebald: Grace Kelly With Wings).

So good luck.

MUSIC: mott the hopple: all the young dudes

No comments: