Sunday, May 22, 2005

take two

all my loyal fans will recall the old contest. Well, that one was swept, if you'll recall, by the lovely Miss Traci White. The songs from that one, however, were drawn from a single MP3 CD. So now I shall repeat the competition with my actual computer and therefore my actual playlists at my finger tips.

The rules, once again, are:

Step 1: Get your playlist together, put it on random, and play.
Step 2: Pick your favorite lines from the first 15 songs that play.
Step 3: Post and let everyone you know guess what song the lines come from.
Step 4: Underline the songs when someone guesses correctly. Mine have ***.

1 *** Jess *** Yeah Yeah Yeahs -Pin
"things are feeling thin..."
2 ***Cara*** Galaxie 500 - when will you come home
"...watching TV all alone, watching Kojak on my own..."
3
"and you're trying to show it but you can't have it"
4 ***Jess*** sleater-kinney - god is a number
"answer me with industry"
5 *** Cara *** Ben Folds Five - Kate
"her mix tape's a masterpiece"
6
"I know a puppy who walked from Kentucky. Made to East Virginia by dawn. He had seventeen ideas in his head"
7
"do something pretty while you can, don't be a fool."
8 *** Cara *** Weezer - The Sweater Song
"watch me unravel..."
9 *** Cara *** Doors - People are Strange (Bonus points for guessing it was the Echo and the Bunnymen cover.)
"streets are uneven when you're down"
10
"Her eyes are dark just like mocha java; she turns my insides into molten lava."
11 ***Jess*** eels - last stop: this town
"they don't know how to let you in and I can't let you out."
12
"I'm sleeping today so I can wake in your arms tonight."
13
"maybe ice capades or maybe even charades"
14
"and I'm leery, loaded up" (these lyrics are awful and incomprehensible)
15
"my mirror's reflection is you looking coquet and smirking"

and good luck. To us.

MUSIC: architecture in helsinki: scissors paper rock

No comments: