Monday, May 02, 2005

Oh, la moats...

Tis gibberish, that, but now you know how to pronounce Olomouc, the town we went to yesterday for to walk and drink.

There was, if I'm not mistaken, a birthday celebration involved.

Apparently, our fair city of Brno was to be the site of a giant protest-cum-fist fight with skin heads and anarchists. Perhaps it would be best to spend May Day elsewhere, methought (that can't be right), and my compatriots were in agreement.

We boarded the train near 11 am and rode in companionable noisiness most of the way to said town. Rather than fascists throwing punches and heavy police presence, we found archery contests and a concert and lots of lounging around in the shade and drinking beer. We partook in the latter.

Needless to say this was the first time I was up before noon since March 19, so I slept like a baby.

Also, needless to say, I had the last laugh.

MUSIC: the reindeer section: grand parade

PS: 5 days

PPS: no ticket.

No comments: