Saturday, April 30, 2005

"I can’t seem to breath..."

...with a rusted metal heart
I can’t seem to see through solid marble eyes"

Okay, so this is what happened. I sent my parents my address to mail me the plane tickets for a flight in six, count 'em six days. I left off the town name, but the postal code made that okay.

As near as I can tell, my parents took the address I sent them, which would work, to some UPS store or something and read them the address. UPS cats, as is their wont, wrote it down wrong.

So now instead of my ticket coming to Brno, it's going to "Vinarska," a town which does not exist. The 5 which goes with Vinarska (sans diacritical marks to ease American minds), the street I live on (Vinarska 5) has moved down with postal code to now make it one digit too long for functionality.

So hopefully my frantic e-mail to UPS will do it's job when they realize they are delivering to a nonexistant address. Really, really hopefully.

MUSIC: modest mouse: trailer trash

No comments: