Saturday, April 16, 2005

business casual

1. Leave me a comment saying, “Interview me.”
2. I will respond by asking you five questions. I get to pick the questions.
3. You will update your blog/site with the answers to the questions and leave the answers as comments on my blog.
4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview someone else in the same post.
5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.

1. Are you drinking two percent milk?

What, at the moment? No. I generally do, though I prefer skim. I am in a milk-free state at the moment, however, and can honestly say I've had no milk since January.

2. Do you think it will be possible to move about in Cullowhee after so much life having passed between last May and this August?

It has to be. There's more life in me now than before, and so Cullowhee will be forced to accomodate it. Rooming with Shleeve and hopefully working in the lab and doing all the things I've been doing and more. 4 track and screaming in the quietest room I can find at the oddest hours and Kung-fu tuesdays and music and actually being social and god-forbid getting a girl and the easiest classes fathomable. And I may even have a car to accomodate escape if cullowhee threatens to crush my soul. And I'm supposed to just answer, but will you be there, or is Chapel Hill happening?

3. If you were held at gun point by a megalomanical literary guild and forced to declare a favorite book or perish, what would you choose?

Whether to name the book or perish? or do you mean which book? Hmm... I'd go with Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man. I could carry that book about with me and read it cover to cover, starting over as soon as I finished, as Pete used to do with the Hitchhiker's guide.

4. What's the deal with corn nuts?

I know! Is it corn or is it a nut?!? What's the deal?!

5. What are the top three moments you recall from your year in the Czech Republic?

Top three memory-wise, or top three top-wise? I mean, am I being asked to name the three moments I will remember the best at this point, or the three top moments? I suppose it's at my discretion, yeah? So, in no particular order... (1) Running across the street at Hlavni Nadrazi, passport stowed in my pocket, jumping the rail and dashing up the stairs, seeing Glen and Brett still there. Their train hadn't arrived, we were going to Vienna. Oh, the elation. (2) the inexplicable joy of being informed that we could not, in fact have any more champagne because we had consumed all the champagne on the premises. The glorious drunk and the snapping pictures and some good, infections Carla laughter and that fleeting feeling that everything was all right. (3) It was after six a.m. but only barely, and the first tram of the day would be there in a moment. The icy walk down had wakened us though we'd not slept and I explained that the Czech Republic was the PDA capital of the world. People were constantly making out, and I needed revenge. Holding and a clumsy kiss. That was a moment.

MUSIC: oingo boingo: flesh n' blood (live)

No comments: