Monday, April 25, 2005

Do you ever hear it?

When all your conscious mind is eaten up by that song that won't leave your brain... Behind it, in the subconscious, is the nebulous miasma of thoughts that are always present, the worries and wants and crushes and plans and the future, but right up in front, all you get is, "sister I need wine for coloring my skin..."

Such was the story last night as I struggled vainly to capture sleep and make it do my bidding. Wandering thoughts about the summer and the Oak Ridge folks I half-know or know not at all and the necessity for remedying the situation were suddenly superceded by "if you want to buy me flowers, just go ahead now..." And, struggling valiently against the two princes I pushed past the spin doctors and tried to decide whether a fifth of Jack would be cheaper in North Carolina or Tennessee and "And if you'd like to talk for hours, just go ahead now!" Such is my delimma.

In other news, no plane ticket as yet. And no ability to finance my frugal lifestyle as yet. Tomorrow and tomorrow and tomorrow.

MUSIC: the tragically hip: are we family

No comments: