Friday, August 15, 2008

15 August 2008

"I think, the world, it will anoint me if I show it how I hold it"

wide:

Tropic Thunder: I feel like I'm taking crazy pills. Original

Mirrors: Even if I hadn't seen the preview to confirm, I'd bet a lot of money on this Asian horror remake having at least one creepy child in it. Not original

The Clone Wars: Hopefully the kid-pleasing (Jar Jar) aspect of this one is just the animation, and Lucas hasn't inserted some jive-talking sea elephant or a pink fluffy bunny jedi. Not original

Vicky Christina Barcelona: Scarlett Johansson is going to have sex with someone in a Woody Allen movie. This makes the movie at least in part unoriginal. Original

limited:

Anita O'Day: The Life of a Jazz Singer: Original

Blitzkrieg! Escape from Stalag 69: Nazisploitation. I'm not kidding. Original

Fly me to the Moon: Houseflies stow away on Apollo 11. This movie gets made and I don't have an agent yet.... Original

The Girl Cut in Two: Thankfully not connected with Eli Roth. Based on a true story. Not original

Henry Poole is Here: And Henry Poole is going to see some religious figure somewhere. I hope it's Ted Nugent in the woodgrain of a rifle stock. Original

Jack Brooks: Monster Slayer: I can't tell if this is a remake, but it looks about as unoriginal as can be either way, so I give it the Not original.

One Bad Cat: The Albert Wagner Story: There are a lot of coloned titles getting limited releases this week. Also, this is a documentary and Albert Wagner is not, in fact, a cat. Original

the score:

week: 7-4
year: 201-91

wide:

week: 2-2
year: 44-45

No comments: