Friday, October 08, 2004

friday

so it's friday.

I've been without my computer for nearly the whole week again, and I'm getting used to it. It's a nagging annoyance, but that's about it.

This week I got into a class on american independent films finally, and I went to my first eastern european cinema class. I watched and must expect to watch at least one movie every wednesday and another two movies every thursday. No complaints.

Thursday was my roommate's, Tom's, birthday, and so I slept very little last night as I was obligated to stay up and party. In fact, in something less than an hour, I'm meeting him to head to a bar to celebrate a bit more stylishly (this being compared to sitting on our balcony).

Today I met a fellow who spoke perfect english and was very polite, then I found out he was a czech mormon and was trying to get me to go to his church on sunday. I made up something about being out of town to visit bratislava and got out of it.

I think it's starting to rain and I already have a pretty nasty cold, but I don't now have time to go to my room (which is all the way across town) and get a jacket or something. C'est la vie.

So that's my brief entry for the week, more or less.

Expect more of the same until I get more time in these labs or my computer returns to the land of the living.