Sunday, December 31, 2006

One down,

a bunch to go.

The year in review:

Culture and I haven't been getting along all that well this year, so despite my fondness for lists, we won't be doing top anythings this year.

I will say that I was pleased with The Illusionist and The Departed and distressed and dissatisfied with Pirates of the Carribean 2 and Happy Feet. I did not see a lot else in the theaters. The music that made my day this year was Maritime and Maps and Atlases and Regina Spektor (again). I read Mysteries of Pittsburgh and Bee Season and And you Shall Know Our Velocity. For those seeking recommendations, those are in reverse order of quality.

It was a bad year for snow and a good year for rain.

It was an excellent year for the midwest and for midwestern girls and for getting out of college.

It is impossible to judge if it was a good year for summer school or not. I imagine it never is.

The year will end with Champagne.

The new year will start with sleeping late.

Who could ask for anything more?

MUSIC: ben lee: begin

No comments: