Monday, September 04, 2006

I found this old post...

...and decided to ressurrect it. The original is from March 2005.

Here're the rules
Step 1: Get your playlist together, put it on random, and play.
Step 2: Pick your favorite lines from the first 15 songs that play.
Step 3: Post and let everyone you know guess what song the lines come from.
Step 4: Underline the songs when someone guesses correctly. Mine have ***.

1 - "he thought an Albertson's Stir Fry Dinner would make his apartment a home."
***Built to Spill - Big Dipper***

2 - "coincidence makes sense only with you."
***Bjork - Joga***

3 - "and do I really have a hand in my forgetting?"
***Nico - Fairest of the Season***

4 - "it's amazing to be alive, to see the words that you said..."
***Tilly and the Wall - In Bed All Day***

5 - "tell my mother, my dog, and clowns"
***David Bowie - Life on Mars*** Andrew

6 - "I've got no sense of direction... I guess I've got no sense at all"
***Magnetic Fields - All the Umbrellas in London***

7 - "I'm watching from your wall as in the streets we fight..."
***PJ Harvey - One Line***

8 - "The freaks who suspect they could never love anyone 'cept the freaks who suspect they could never love anyone..."
***Aimee Mann - Save Me***

9 - "In the middle of a worm on a fish hook you're the wave (you're the wave you're the wave)"
***Bush - Swallowed***

10 - "And not a single soul in these woods ever saw a jaw drop so low as is mine at the moment"
***Architecture in Helsinki - Imaginary/Ordinary***

11 - "I hear in my mind all this music and it breaks my heart."
***Regina Spektor - Fidelity***

12 - "I lay down with the southern range. Swallows drop in and dash the sky, tracing lines of cursive on the horizon."
***Ugly Cassanova - Cat Faces***

13 - "Their voices are bringing the trees to their knees with nothing to say when they're speaking..."
***Bonnie 'Prince' Billy - Brute Choir***

14 - "drive my car into the ocean. You'll think I'm dead..."
***Pixies - Wave of Mutilation***

15 - "There's nothing you could never do to ever let me down, and remember that I'll always love you."
***Badly Drawn Boy - A Minor Incident***

The rain falls hard on this humdrum town, incidentally.

MUSIC: archers of loaf: chumming the ocean

No comments: