Wednesday, November 30, 2005

"...and I can't sing christmas songs...

...or decorate a christmas tree or leave water out for rudolph 'cause there's something wrong with me..."

Tis the season, as made evidence by the ten foot christmas tree that fell on my dad and by the muppet christmas carol. But before christmas, as my good friend Jesse seems brutally aware of, we must finish the semester. That means, for me at least, a final speech, this one persuasive and knocked out tonight (actual sample slide:


SO, WHAT'S SO BAD ABOUT CANCER?

(thought you'd like that) After that there's a critique and portfolio and a paper and some exams. Some have it easier than others, and by that I mean that I've got frightfully little, really, to do.

Thanksgiving was a triumph of gluttony.

Sunday night, Geoffrey's last Asheville-hurrah involved mariachis. Pete and I failed to defeat two Eastern European ladies in pool, despite the fact that their actual skill was hampered by the crappiest cues the world has ever seen.

Afterwards Pete gave me all his sangria while we agreed that the "Marley and Marley" song in Muppet Christmas Carol may be the pinnacle of human achievment.

Malcolm took me to the wafflehouse this weekend, too. Being broke is acceptable when you have friends that want to see you fed and drunk.

MUSIC: jacob and robert marley: marley and marley

No comments: