Friday, June 20, 2008

20 June 2008

"I got a hand so I got a fist so I got a plan, it's the best that I can do"

wide:

Get Smart: It's funny because he's stupid. Get it? Not original

The Love Guru:
It's not funny, but it is, by all accounts, even stupider. Though I did see the end of Dana Carvey's Master of Disguise recently and I would be willing to bet that Guru is not the worst vehicle for a Wayne's World alum. Original

limited:

Brick Lane: Arranged marriage trip from Bangladesh to London. Sounds like East is East, but this time it's classified as a drama instead of a comedy so it's probably not so goddamn depressing. Not original

Dashavatar: "The ten avatars" is the literal title translation. It seems pretty hard to describe and experimental, but it also seems to be based on the mythology of Vishnu. Not original

Expired: A meter maid falls in love with an asshole cop in LA. Tagline: "Don't park your heart in the red zone." By all accounts it's better than it sounds. Original

Hair Extensions: Killer hair extensions. I'm not kidding. Original

the score:

week: 3-3
year: 149-66

wide:

week: 1-1
year: 35-33

note: That American Girl movie doesn't get covered now because it's getting a wide release in a week and a half. I'm sure I don't always catch movies that get released like this, but this one is all over the tv about how this limited release is a "sneak preview," so I caught this one.

2 comments:

Plaid Avenger said...

I love Get Smart too much to watch the new movie.

Plaid Avenger said...

Waitaminute, hair extensions?!!! Written by the guy that wrote Deathbead: The Bed That Eats People?